I was wondering how to break the ice of silence on my blog when BMK suggested these questions to try and answer. Its fun to go about. Hope it will initiate a series of posts to come. 🙂
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
‘The story shows how a man can triumph in spite of defeat’ This is a critical notes book on Ernest Hemingway’s ‘The Old Man And The Sea’
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
It touches the left partition wall in my office cabin.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Kashif Abbasi’s talk show on ARY
4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is:
12:15 or something
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The whirring of the wall fan besides two office colleagues’ talking
7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing?
I didn’t since I arrived at office.
8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
BMK’s bongi khana
9. What are you wearing?
Trousers, half sleeved shirt, tie, shoes
10. Did you dream last night?
I can’t remember; twas a sleep after a hectic day and I barely woke for sehri
11. When did you last laugh?
Last night. I’ve had a good banter with friends after I was probed continuously for the reason of my quite mood.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
There’s a huge wall cabinet on my right, a half glassed partition on my left, a fan on the front wall and nothing on the back.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
Hmm .. can’t recall anything particular.
14. Last movie you saw?
Twas something like, ‘Behind the enemy line’ .. but thats a long time back; I’m not that much into movies.
15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
Just let it happen, then we’ll see .. 😉
16. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
Whats that you don’t know? .. 😉
17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I’d try to shrink the gaping void between the rich and the poor; I guess poverty is the mother of all evils. Maximum economic justice is the cry of the day.
18. Do you like to dance?
19. George bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or someone who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
I guess Bush and Mush have a lot to do with the sorry state of affairs in todays world and especially Pakistan. They should be punished for their ways of brutality.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
21. [Same question for a boy]
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Nopes, I guess.